Jan 3, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
If you were wondering where Fab Melo went, you can blame a Sioux Falls hotel door frame that knocked out 7′ Boston Celtics Center Fab Melo over the weekend and left him confused and concussed, lying helpless on the floor.
Don’t worry though. He’s recovering from the accident, and the best part of it all is it got him called up to the Celtics so he could get the best treatment possible. Sneaky!
How’s Melo doing since his accident?
“I still have a little headache,” Melo told CSNNE.com. “Sometimes I can’t really focus on something for a long time, that’s it.”
Doc Rivers took some time to either comment on the situation or make fun of Melo. I’m not sure which.
On Wednesday, Celtics’ coach Doc Rivers poked fun at Melo, pointing out that the 22-year-old Brazilian player has some “clumsy tendencies.”
“I think, what did you have? Manny being Manny?” joked Rivers, referring to former Boston Red Sox Manny Ramirez, once described by a New Yorker writer as being occasionally “oafish and clumsy.”
“[In] five years when Fab’s playing terrific for us here, we’re going to have some Fab being Fab moments. He just took kind of a head start… Literally,” Rivers continued.
Let’s hope Fab was just doing his best Shawn Bradley in Space Jam impression and not the beginnings of a tragic career wracked with hilarious concussions.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights