Jan 1, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Was it really just ten months ago that the nation was gripped by rampant Tebowmania? Now our hero is the subject of cruel jokes and ridicule: and now, the worst cut of all. According to this Twitter photo, a Dick’s Sporting Goods display in New York City featuring players from the New York Jets has Tebow on the bench.
All the other Jets ‘players’ are standing, but Tebow is comfortably seated: not unlike his entire season with New York.
See kids, this is what happens when your jersey sales tank. Last season and into Sept. of this season, Tebow’s was the top-selling jersey in the NFL. However by late November he had slid to No. 8 (Robert Griffin III is now No. 1). Still, Tebow has made quite a lump of cash for folks such as Dick’s, one would assume. Doesn’t that buy any loyalty at all?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Shackleford holds off Animal Kingdom
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole