Dec 31, 2012, 8:10 PM EST
It’s already 2013 in Paris, home of Les Miserables and skinny breads. But here at Off the Bench Headquarters we still have a couple of hours to reflect on the year that was. For instance, would the Detroit Tigers have won the World Series if the veterans had not made rookie right fielder Avisail Garcia dress as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader? Magic Eight Ball says: Reply hazy, try again.
But why dwell on the past, as Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Pete Rose, Lance Armstrong (later that day …) Sammy Sosa, Manny Ramirez and Melky Cabrera would say? Here’s a toast to a bright new 2013, free from wickedness and strife and performance enhancing substances, and without any team from New York or Pennsylvania in the NFL playoffs.
Time to play us out, NOC.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found