Dec 27, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
Is a reference to “Wounded Knee” really advisable in a song related to a team called the Redskins? I would advise against it. But the teacher of these kids obviously did not, and so the lyrics flew through. The result was the reworked Christmas carol: “Oh RGII”, an ode to Robert Griffin III sung to the tune of “Oh Christmas Tree” by this elementary school choir. Impressive.
Also note the gratuitous swipe at Andrew Luck: hardly seems in keeping with the Christmas spirit. But it’s all in good fun: a gift from Comcast SportsNet Washington to all of us. God bless us, every one.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead