Dec 27, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
I’m convinced that the only reason cricket is still a sport is because of the terminology. And that leads to stories like this. From the Caboolture News in Australia:
Teenagers playing soccer in their underwear tore the cricket pitch at the Grant Rd sports and community complex to shreds recently. Caboolture Cricket Club president Steve Adams caught the kids playing on the wicket two weeks ago. He took video of the vandals and chased them through a stormwater drain.
“When I caught them they just didn’t care,” he said.
Then, this sentence happened:
Before the fence and boom-gate the club even had problems with hoons driving on the field, ruining the $3000 covers used to protect the pitch.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found