Dec 24, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
Goalie for German soccer team “Borussia Monchengladbach” Marc-Andre ter Stegen lost something near and dear to his heart after his dog Bali was hit by a car and wobbled away in shock, unable to find his way home like your favorite senior citizen stricken with Alzheimers.
After searching far and wide for his pup, ter Stegen turned to Facebook and alerted his fans. And then, VOILA, the dog is found! Internet magic, a modern day “Incredible Journey”.
SportsGrid ran his Facebook messages through a German-to-English translator so us english speakers could also see the saga unfold.
“Gladbach fans love, I ask you for your help! My dog Bali has been approached and has gone hurt them in shock. Finally, he seen at 13: 10 on the Anton street corner of Hindenburg Street and a postman thought to have observed a woman who angeleihnt him and should have taken. If you know something, I ask you to provide information to the police of MG, or to send an eMail to email@example.com. Please, post share this with your friends. Our earnest desire is to have him back with us! :-( Thank you for your help, your Marc”
“Bali was just found! Thank you for your help, many of the letters and the many congratulations! I am amazed and speechless, as many have involved. For us, it’s the perfect Christmas fairy tale! I wish you a Merry Christmas! Many, many thanks!”
“Dear fans, despite some wounds it goes well Bali also according to the doctor. He was found on the Thuringian road and the fire brigade. Thank you again for all your help!”
See, I knew the internet was good for something.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found