Dec 21, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
As we told you on Thursday, former Olympic middle distance runner Suzy Favor Hamilton admitted to a reporter that she had worked as a high-priced escort in Las Vegas for the past year. Hamilton, who has battled depression and other health problems over the years, says that her choice “was a huge mistake,” and now it appears that one of the companies with whom she has a promotional deal agrees.
Disney canceled an appearance by a three-time Olympian at an upcoming Disneyland event after she revealed that she has been living a double life as a prostitute.
A day earlier, Disney issued a news release stating that Favor Hamilton was scheduled to speak at an August 2013 expo during the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. On Thursday, the news release on Disney’s website no longer included Favor Hamilton’s appearance.
Bob Hitchcock, a spokesman for runDisney, which runs the company’s races, said Favor Hamilton is no longer scheduled for future Disney events.
Favor Hamilton participated in the Princess Half Marathon event at Florida’s Walt Disney World in February.
Corporations have the right to do this, of course, and who am I to tell Mickey and Pluto how to run their business? But can we all now just leave the woman alone and let her pick up the pieces of her life? In four days we’re celebrating the birthday of a guy who would have looked upon her with a lot more compassion than judgment.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found