Dec 20, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
As movie boxing mashups go, personally I’d rather see Apollo Creed vs. the robot from Real Steel. But this could work. Robert DeNiro and Sylvester Stallone are both in training to fight each other in a new boxing movie, although they’re not reprising their roles as Jake LaMotta and Rocky Balboa. The working title of this film has not been released, but may I suggest The Creaky Bones? Or how about Grumpy and Hospitalized Old Men?
The pairing was announced back in October on Deadline, which noted that “Entourage” creator/writer Doug Ellin was crafting the storyline. But as Showbiz411 noted, the actors are now training together, which means “Raging Bull” is practicing battle scenes with “Rocky.”
De Niro, who played LaMotta in the 1980 film Raging Bull, is 69. Stallone, who invented the Rocky Balboa character in 1976, is 66. Together that makes them 135, or the same age as the microphone.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found