Dec 19, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
Seven-year-old Connor Michalek of Shaler Township, PA, calls himself Stone Crusher — and his younger brother Jackson is Jack the Ripper — when the two play their pro wrestling video games at home. Connor has an indefatigable attitude to match his nickname, which is helpful for someone who’s been through what he’s been through. He was diagnosed with cancer of the brain and spine at the age of 3, and has endured multiple surgeries and rounds of chemotherapy. Doctors initially gave him little chance to survive.
But Connor is a fighter in every sense of the word. The boy recently made a YouTube plea to meet his favorite wrestler, WWE’s Daniel Bryan, and the video spread throughout social media. So when Bryan arrived in Pittsburgh for the WWE Raw event at CONSOL Energy Center recently, he invited Connor to the show. And not only that, but he met with Connor and his family on Tuesday, and even let the boy get him in his signature “No lock” position and tap him out.
“It kinda brings a tear to my eye to know somebody like Connor wants to meet somebody like me, so that’s kinda cool,” said Bryan.
Thanks, Daniel Bryan. Connor need that … I think we all needed that.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: Vikings enhance home-field advantage
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe