Dec 18, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Christmas-themed sports parody videos usually aren’t that funny, but The Basketball Jones nails a 3-pointer with this one — the very well-played A Very NBA Christmas. It’s a spoof of the ubiquitous TV Christmas music compilation CD commercials that plague us every year, with an NBA twist.
My favorite song titles: Feliz Calderon! and God Rest Ye Cleveland Cavaliers.
The elf shoes will horrify you; the songs will amuse you. Plus, a moment beginning at the 1:02 mark below that is so funny that it literally made me do a spit-take.
Caution: Some mildly NSFW language.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games