Dec 18, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
I may be typing this, but I’m not reading any of it. For obvious reasons. MMA fighter Ray Elbe, a welterweight who currently fights in Season 9 TUF competition, had a most horrific injury during an intimate moment with his girlfriend recently. He fractured his penis.
Elbe, who was in Malaysia preparing for an MMA tour, was hospitalized and later described the injury on his personal web site. If you must know the details, here you go.
“Keeping it safe during sex isn’t just wearing a condom,” Elbe said in an online video message. “As it happened you can imagine the shock and the horror that was going on. Obviously my girlfriend was frantic. We’re in a foreign country that doesn’t speak English.
“I came forward with (the injury) because I really want people to understand the significance of the emergency,” Elbe said. “As I Googled this online, a lot of guys actually get to the point where there is no repair because they’re embarrassed and don’t go to the emergency room right away.”
I assume he means he Googled it after he got to the hospital.
Elbe is head instructor at MMA Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand, where he has been based since 2007.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found