Dec 18, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
We’ve written about this previously, but at the time we had no photo and didn’t know what Nathan Grindal actually looked like. He’s the man who was escorted out of a darts tournament in England because he looked like Jesus. Yep … in fact, he looked so much like Jesus that the crowd of about 4,500 began chanting “Stand up if you love Jesus!” during the competition, prompting organizers to decide to remove him due to the disruption.
The whole thing left Grindal a bit shaken, as he said he did not purposely try to impersonate Christ — that’s just the way he happens to look.
Here’s video of Grindal being escorted out of the tournament.
“It was distressing. I was emotionally distraught,” said Grindal, according to the Global Dispatch. “The crowd were bullying me and picking on me. It would have been OK if security hadn’t made a fuss getting me out.
“I love darts, but I’m worried about ever going to see it live again, just in case the crowd turns on me like they did last time,” he said, according to the Daily Mail.
Best part: The Mirror reports that Kim Huybrechts, the runner-up in the tournament, signed Grindal’s program with the words: “To Jesus. Hard luck mate.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges