‘It’s real, and it’s spectacular!’ Jerry Seinfeld inspires newest NBA broadcasting catch phrase (video)
Dec 17, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
It wasn’t as entertaining as Kramer getting into a fight with Reggie Miller at a Knicks game, but Jerry Seinfeld’s presence at the Pistons-Nets game in Brooklyn on Friday still inspired a nifty turn of phrase by the broadcasting crew.
Joe Johnson’s buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the second overtime gave the Nets a 108-105 win, and as the camera panned to Seinfeld seated at courtside, Brooklyn Nets play-by-play man Ian Eagle served up this:
“It was real, and it was spectacular!”
And if you’re not familiar with that Seinfeldian reference, shame. Shame on you.
Next question: Why is Jerry wearing a corrective boot? That would make a good Modern Seinfeld episode, actually.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found