Dec 17, 2012, 10:03 AM EST
Emus are large, flightless, obstinate birds which are fond of dancing, and when they can escape their enclosures, a nice jog. That’s what one Virginia Beach man discovered recently when, while out for a run, he looked beside him and found an emu keeping pace.
Animal shelter supervisor Wayne Gilbert says Virginia Beach residents contacted the city after the emu showed up Thursday alongside the jogger in the Highgate Green neighborhood.
The emu was picked up by shelter authorities — I’m guessing at a nearby Starbucks — and returned to its owner.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found