Dec 14, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
The Mayans must have been right: this is the end. I know, because someone got a yellow card for flopping in European soccer. It happened in Palermo, Italy, where Leonardo Bonucci of Juventus (striped jersey) was contesting the ball near the goal in the 88th minute in a game vs. US Citta di Palermo in Serie A.
Bonucci, of course, flopped like he had been struck with Thor’s hammer … but the ref wasn’t having it, and booked him for overacting. Well, played, soccer! Unexpected, but welcome.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found