Dec 14, 2012, 11:12 AM EST
A great commercial by ESPN, proving that what Jerry Seinfeld said was right: When you get right down to it, in sports we’re all just rooting for laundry.
These Manchester United and Manchester City soccer supporters “prove that rival fans are often more similar than they think,” says ESPN in its new commercial, Born Into It. If you’re not an Anglophile like me, you probably won’t understand much of the dialogue, but that doesn’t really matter. The visuals pretty much tell it all.
But here’s a partial translation anyway:
I wouldn’t have such a fit bird now would I?
My names Becky!
I’d have no life, no friends, no future.
He’d be at home, sitting on his Todd.
If I’d of been born over there, I’d of been born a right plonker.
Can’t even imagine it!
Good job I was born here.
This seems to have struck a nerve, by the way. More than 200 YouTube comments, and counting.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found