Guess what the record is for most bowling strikes thrown in a minute? It was broken on Monday (video)
Dec 14, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT
It makes me glad that the Guinness World Record for strikes thrown in one minute was set at a place called Alley Katz. That’s just so perfect, somehow.
Said establishment is located in Gainesville, Fla., and Chad McLean is our man of the hour. Mr. McLean recorded nine strikes in one minute on Monday to break the world record, previously held by Colin Champion, who threw eight in 60 seconds, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
Remarkably, this is McLean’s second bowling achievement to earn him a spot in Guinness. Last year, he and partner Gene Dalusio broke the record for the highest pinfall in ten-pin bowling in 24 hours by a pair, knocking down 27,499 pins in a day.
The Gainesville Sun reports that he also set the record for organizing the largest single game of dodgeball.
“This is my thing,” McLean told The Gainesville Sun. “I will do something to leave my mark on the sport.”
I hereby make him an honorary member of the PinPals.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found