Dec 13, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Was the Golden State Warriors’ upset of the Heat in Miami due in part to Floyd Mayweather? Warriors guard Jarret Jack, who had 20 points and the winning assist with 0.9 remaining in the game (a Draymond Green backdoor layin), said in a post-game interview that Mayweather (pictured, at courtside Wednesday) made a few bucks betting on Golden State to cover. How do we know this? Jacks said as much to CSN Comcast’s Jim Barnett talked with Jacks after the game.
JIM BARNETT: “The basket must have looked huge to you tonight.”
JACKS: “Floyd Mayweather put a little bug in my ear, told me he put a little bet on us. Floyd is no stranger to the casino, said he put $100,000 on us.”
JIM BARNETT: “Ha ha, don’t talk about that.”
JACKS: “Boges and B-Rush, one time, baby.”
That last shout-out was for Andrew Bogut and Brandon Rush, Warriors teammates who are out with injuries.
On the Mayweather thing, it’s refreshing to hear something entertaining in a post-game interview. But David Stern has been wearing his cranky pants lately (see: San Antonio Spurs), so mentioning gambling in an interview may not have been wise. We’ll see.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found