Dec 13, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
And here is your Quote of the Day So Far, from Australian News Limited:
“I didn’t go to the darts dressed as Jesus, I went as me, it was all very weird and distressing,” Mr Grindal, who began growing a beard four months ago, said.
It all happened in Minehead, a British seaside resort town near London. That’s where an Australian man named Nathan Grindal attended the televised final of a darts competition — a match between former world champion Phil Taylor and Belgian Kim Huybrechts.
But Grindal, who has long hair and a short beard which apparently gives him a passing resemblance to a certain historical figure known as the Son of God, soon became the focus of attention with the crowd.
The audience unexpectedly began chanting “stand up if you love Jesus”.
Mr Grindal’s long blond locks and his beard apparently convinced some at the Butlins resort it was Jesus sitting among them in the audience and as the chanting grew more disruptive, security was called in to ask Mr Grindal to leave.
Organisers recognised the Australian, who moved to the UK six years ago, had done nothing wrong, but his presence was causing the disturbance.
The 33-year-old was escorted by security to another bar and bought a pint of beer, as he was forced to watch the finals clash from a TV.
More reporting greatness:
Mr. Grindal said it was all very hurtful and he was fearful of ever attending a live darts match again.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found