Dec 12, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Why Bloomington South High School (Ind.) didn’t put in their super reserves who don’t know how to score when they were up by say, 85 or 90 points is beyond me, but last night these girls put the whuppin’ on Arlington High School with a 105-point win. Maybe Arlington High’s filled with really mean, untalented at basketball girls? I don’t know. Maybe they’re ghosts? Is this a high school for people without hands?
The saddest part is Arlington High’s only points came on free throws. So not one field goal was made. Reminds me of myself.
Naturally, people are going pretty crazy about the lopsided end result. Me? I don’t care. What are you supposed to do when your opponent is terrible except run up the score for statistical purposes? I learned that from the Belichick/Brady “embarrass everyone” doctrine.
“(The score) is probably not what we would like to see,” said Chris Kaufman, spokesman for the Indiana High School Athletic Association, although he noted the organization does not have a so-called mercy rule.
Bloomington South coach Larry Winters told RTV6 he played all nine girls on the team.
The final score ignited debate online Tuesday night, with ESPN tweeting out the unusual numbers.
“Say what you want, but a 107-2 score makes Bloomington South look worse than it does Arlington,” tweeted Jake Query, a host for 1260 WNDE.
Does it? Does it really, Jake? I think it makes them look like a juggernaut.
Randoms on Facebook also got their opinions in.
I’m from Bloomington and think that’s just wrong. They should have pulled the players! wrote Amy Clark Woolf.
“Coaches should of pulled players or they should of called the game,” Jamie Trusty Haddan wrote. “Nothing like disgracing the other team. Coaches should of thought of how the other teams players felt and what it would of felt like if that was their team. “
But others defended the game.
“Nothing wrong with that at all ,” Matt Lucas wrote.
“I think it’s a game and should be played however they want to as long as no rules are broke,” Danielle Gwaltney wrote. “Is Bloomingtons team that good…or is Indys that bad?! “
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner