Dec 12, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
Remember when Elin Nordegren bought a mansion in North Palm Beach, Fla., and it turned out it was infested with termites? Vile insects! So she tore the whole thing down and started over, and now that baby’s almost done. The new place is 21,000 square feet, and has an Olympic pool, koi ponds, and a spa. Oh, and the Swedish flag flies proudly from the parapets … as a warning to invading pirates, I suppose.
But some are not amused by the flag thing. Check out the comments here.
Has it really been three years since Tiger Woods had a date with destiny, a tree and a fire hydrant? Yes. Eventually Elin got a $100 million divorce settlement, and spent $12 million on the mansion and subsequent demolition and renovation.
The most amusing tweet I’ve seen on this subject is here:
Brian McDaniel @iAmBMcD
I can’t believe they put the whole thing together with Allen wrenches!
But wait … is that the Irish flag I see waving nearby?
Nordegren is the latest golf-related name to make headlines in the South Florida real-estate market, after reports surfaced over the weekend that world No. 1 Rory McIlroy will be purchasing a $10 million home in nearby Palm Beach Gardens. Her ex-husband, with whom she has two children, moved into a $55 million estate in Jupiter Island, Fla. last year.
And is it any coincidence that since after the divorce, the San Francisco Giants (see Elin’s hat, pictured) have won two World Series?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found