Dec 12, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
I’m told that News Biscuit is the UK version of The Onion, but I don’t know for sure, because I can’t get onto the site. That’s due to all the traffic from Africa, no doubt.
On Sunday, Zimbabwean newspaper The Standard carried News Biscuit’s story about Mike Tyson undergoing a sex change. That story, of course, was a spoof, but The Standard treated it as real news. Soon other African news sites, including Spy Ghana, picked up the story.
News Biscuit story here (good luck).
Here’s a screen grab of The Standard’s article:
My favorite part:
Tyson said he hoped being female would finally convince the American people that his “bad-boy” days were over and he had turned over a new leaf.
Commenters at The Standard took the news hard:
sox December 9, 2012 at 7:54 pm #
I use to suport mike tyson for all my life.but this morning when I saw the news,I was totally desapointed.its a shame
sinini December 9, 2012 at 3:21 pm #
This is the end of the world strange things happening, how can you say you a happy?
machuwe ta December 10, 2012 at 10:52 am #
this is not the original plan of the Lord almighty and i guess he has applied for a sterner judgement against himslf by defying what the lord ohave given him
Good luck to Michelle Tyson. Now Spike Lee has to rewrite his Broadway show, however.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found