Dec 11, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
Hey, how come my Bentley has 50 more miles on the odometer than when I left it with the valet?
Police say that a valet employee at The Westin Hotel in Indianapolis took a customer’s Bentley for a little joyride while drunk, and that customer happened to be Colts’ receiver Reggie Wayne. Indianapolis Star:
Wayne, 34, told police he left his 2007 Bentley around 6:30 p.m. Saturday with a valet employee at The Westin Hotel on South Capitol Avenue in Downtown Indianapolis. Wayne’s keys and his car were missing the next morning, according to an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department report.
Police later identified the employee who took Wayne’s car as Gunner Belcher, 21, Indianapolis. A supervisor told police Belcher left work around 9 p.m. Saturday but did not clock out, the report said.
He was arrested around 2 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of South Meridian Street for driving while intoxicated, the report said. The car that Belcher was driving was towed by Last Chance Wrecker.
Oh, good luck getting that car back before Friday.
Fun facts: Richard Edson, who played the parking garage attendant (photo, right) who swiped/drove Ferris Bueller’s car, was the original drummer for Sonic Youth. He also appeared in the movies Eight Men Out, Platoon, Good Morning, Vietnam and Dirty Dancing. His father, Arnold, was one of the first Marines to land at Guadalcanal in Aug., 1942.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found