Dec 11, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
What do you do if your dog is missing? If you’re like Mark Fitzgerald of Dunedin, Fla., you launch into Operation Dog Rescue. Things you’ll need:
- Booze (lots).
- A golf cart.
Now you’re ready, but where do you start your search? At the nearest golf course, naturally.
Fitzgerald, 49, was arrested today when he shot several holes into a nearby water tower from the Dunedin Golf Course. The tower, which contained 550,000 gallons of water, had to be drained.
Fitzgerald had a .308-caliber rifle and .45-caliber handgun in his vehicle and showed signs of impairment, deputies said.
Fitzgerald said he was searching for his lost dog and brought the guns for protection in case he encountered coyotes, deputies said.
Not exactly a Navy Seal Team 6 operation … and we still do not know the whereabouts of the dog. In fact, I doubt Mr. Fitzgerald even owns a dog. Just a hunch.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead