Dec 10, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT
When choosing a house to burglarize, it’s probably wise to make sure that the owner isn’t a kickboxer. The guy in the mugshot here is Jonathan Wise, whose first mistake was choosing a life of crime. His second (and third, fourth, fifth, etc.) was throwing a punch at the homeowner after he got caught in the act.
That’s because the guy whose house he was attempting to burglarize, Norm Houston, is a kickboxer and personal trainer. After Wise landed the first blow, Houston proceeded to land all subsequent punches. Any news report that includes the sentence “the man was taken to jail after a quick stop at the hospital” is a good news report.
“The burglar started out by apologizing to him for getting into the garage and said he had fixed the damage only to follow that up by punching him in the face,” OKC Police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
Although he didn’t throw the first punch, Houston beat up Wise.
“You know I ain’t the toughest but I can hold my own,” Houston said.
In Oklahoma City, that’s how they roll.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming