Burglar wins several parting gifts after breaking into home of kickboxer

Dec 10, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT

jonathanwise

When choosing a house to burglarize, it’s probably wise to make sure that the owner isn’t a kickboxer. The guy in the mugshot here is Jonathan Wise, whose first mistake was choosing a life of crime. His second (and third, fourth, fifth, etc.) was throwing a punch at the homeowner after he got caught in the act.

That’s because the guy whose house he was attempting to burglarize, Norm Houston, is a kickboxer and personal trainer. After Wise landed the first blow, Houston proceeded to land all subsequent punches. Any news report that includes the sentence “the man was taken to jail after a quick stop at the hospital” is a good news report.

KFOR:

“The burglar started out by apologizing to him for getting into the garage and said he had fixed the damage only to follow that up by punching him in the face,” OKC Police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.

Although he didn’t throw the first punch, Houston beat up Wise.

“You know I ain’t the toughest but I can hold my own,” Houston said.

In Oklahoma City, that’s how they roll.

1. t16rich - Dec 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Lucky for him. Easily could have been a shotgun doing damage to that pretty face.

2. skids003 - Dec 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM

He’ll probably get a liberal lawyer and sue the homeowner for using excess force in defending himself in his home.

• sdsockers - Dec 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM

@skids….Spoken like the conservative turd you are. Well done. Here’s a funny story, but you couldn’t help but inject your uneducated political bias into the conversation. Bravo.

• icewalker946 - Dec 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

@sdsockers….Spoken like a true liberal. Here’s a guy telling the truth and you cannot do anything but call him names. He’s just a cynical guy like me. He knows as well as I know as well as the people I have told that lawyers wait for events like this.

Here endeth the lesson.

• sdsockers - Dec 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM

@ice….Here’s a guy speaking the truth? What truth? He said “probably”…..’scuse me, but I don’t see any facts or truth here, all I see is someone injecting their own political bile into a harmless, amusing story about a robber who got his ass beat.
          You and skids should stick to reading your FEAUX news. You’ll feel better while they lie to you.

• icewalker946 - Dec 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM

He’s speaking the truth, or maybe you don’t know the term ‘ambulance chaser’?

It’s not political bile, as you say, but ….ok, he did use ‘liberal lawyer’. Find me a conservative lawyer that would defend this load of diaper goo and you can have that point.

And how can you think this story is ‘harmless’, humorous? Mr. Wise (HAHA! Even you think that’s a funny name for what he did) could have had a weapon and could have broken into a defenseless elderly woman’s home and robbed and hurt her. Not very funny now, is it.

I’m sorry. I know this is a great story for someone getting their comeuppance and I’m glad he got the crud beat out of him but to insult a comment because he speaks the ‘general’ truth and to call him names in the process is wrong. It’s bullying. I think the term on forums like this is being a ‘troll’?

I could keep looking. They are out there.

• metalhead65 - Dec 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

gotta love how you liberals love free speech as long as it supports your point of view,if not you sttart hurling insults. try pulling yourself away from obama tv and look at the real world and you will find plenty of cases of criminals suing home owners or people defending themselves from the low life scum you want to protect and in some cases actually winning. guess you can’t handle the fact FOX news does not slant the news to to your left wing obama views and dares report the truth and do more than cheer lead for him.

• skids003 - Dec 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Thanks Ice and metalhead for agreeing with me. sdsockers must have his head stuck somewhere up where he belongs. I wish they would continue this story, if he can sue, he will. Maybe one day sdsockers will have a burglar trip on his rug and sue him. metalhead, you said it perfectly, as long as it supports their view, they are for it. If not, attack.

• skids003 - Dec 11, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Just keep listening to MSNBC, you are almost completely brainwashed. Since I don’t share your political leanings, just hurl insults, like the typical liberal ass you are.

3. estebanmoostair - Dec 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Way to go Norm Houston!! If enough people beat up or shot burglars we’d have less of a problem in the world with scum like this.