Dec 10, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
Quite frankly it’s my favorite rumored baseball item: Alex Rodriguez has a painting of himself as a centaur in his home. But attempting to throw cold water on my delight, Rodriguez came forth to deny the rumor on Sunday. Rodriguez, to the New York Daily News:
“No, I do not have a painting of my upper body on a Minotaur,” he told Confidenti@l at a toy drive over the weekend. “I don’t know where they get that stuff.”
Well, “they get that stuff” from one of Rodriguez’s former girlfriends. US Weekly brought us the the story in 2009.
The story, first reported by Us Weekly in 2009, had a former fling of A-Rod’s claiming two “centaur” paintings hung above the third baseman’s bed. But Rodriguez’s current girlfriend, former pro wrestler Torrie Wilson, told us she’s never seen any such artwork in A-Rod’s pad. Rodriguez hosted a couple parties in his Miami home during the festival, where he showed off his classic Warhols and Basquiats as well as contemporary works by Adam McEwen and Jayson Musson.
There’s a plot hole in Rodriguez’s denial, however. A-Rod claims that he has no “Minotaur” paintings of himself. But as you surely know from you classical history studies, a Minotaur is a mythical beast with the head of a bull and the body of a human. A Centaur, on the other hand, has the head and torso of a human and the body of a horse. Completely different creature, which Rodriguez did not reference.
Then there is the faun — half human, half goat. Insert your own Steve Bartman joke here.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car