Dec 9, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Before coming across this story about New England Patriots tight-end Rob Gronkowski, I hadn’t heard about the Nickelodeon cartoon series, “NFL Rush Zone: Guardians of the Core“.
Apparently, the show is in its second season and features a rather far-fetched story about a 10-year old child named Ishmael attempting to protect shards of a special power source called “The Core” on Sundays. The shards that he has to protect are placed around each of the 32 NFL stadiums and Ish has to protect them from an evil-doer named Sudden Death.
So far, the series has featured voice cameos from Shannon Sharpe, Marcus Allen, Stephen Jackson, Chargers coach Norv Turner and Steelers coach Omar Epps..I mean Mike Tomlin.
In one of this season’s episodes, Gronkowski appears as himself and below is a picture of Gronk as a cartoon character:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?