Dec 8, 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
In most sports, making contact with a referee is a pretty big no-no and last weekend, a Bulgarian soccer player by the name of Sasho Alexandrov decided to body check a referee after a bad call.
The incident happened in a professional Bulgarian soccer match between Cherno More Varna and Lavski Sofia playing for the Bulgarian cup.
With Lavski up by the score of 3-0 in the second half, Sasho was called for a penalty on a push of an attacking Lavski player.
After the penalty was called, referee Stefan Spasov went to spot the ball but Sasho had other ideas when he delivered a brutal hockey-style check to the ref sending him to the ground:
The check earned Sasho a six-game suspension from the Bulgarian Football Union and a fine of $1,500.
Bulgarian soccer referee gets tackled by player [Total Pro Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming