Dec 7, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
The NHL lockout has been emotionally grinding for many hockey fans, and Santa is no exception. It happened at a Christmas Market in Toronto, where Santa Claus was greeting the kiddies. This particular Santa, however, showed up a half-an-hour late to the gig, according to the Toronto Sun, and then began insulting people.
He told one kid wearing a plaid shirt that he looked like Paul Bunyan, and then noticed that the child was wearing a Totonto Maple League tuque. The boy’s mom picks up the story:
“Then he said, ‘Oh, you’re wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs tuque, you shouldn’t be wearing that, they suck.’ At that point, I took my son and told him we should go, Santa isn’t being very good today.”
Trent said her son was inconsolable and cried all the way home to Mississauga.
“He wanted to know who Paul Bunyan was? He wanted to know why Santa said the Toronto Maple Leafs suck,” Trent told the Sun Thursday. “I told him Santa was having a bad day. I can’t really tell him Santa’s a jerk.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found