Dec 7, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
I’m not sure what an “unofficial Guinness World record” is — isn’t the whole point of Guinness to make the record official? — but Michael Furrh of Arlington, Texas claims to have it. He recently smacked a golf ball with a 14-foot-2.5-inch driver, and hit it 144 yards down the fairway at Rolling Hills Golf Club.
I would pay up to $15 to see Charles Barkley swing this.
That, according to Furrh, breaks the record formerly held by Karsten Maas of Denmark, who used a 13-foot, 5-inch club to drive a ball 134.5 yards.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte