Dec 6, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
OK, which is the better film: The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior, starring Randy Couture, or Pistol Whipped, starring Steven Seagal? Both were released in 2008. Anyone?
Since no one seems to have seen either of these, we’ll let the two stars fight it out. Let’s begin.
Couture, who held a number of UFC titles and is considered one of UFC’s greatest-ever fighters, retired in 2011, but in an interview on G4TV’s Attack of the Show, he was asked if he’s considering a comeback.
“No, I think everything I set out to do, I managed to pull off, and it has been an amazing journey for 15 years.” Couture told G4TV’s Attack of the Show “Not unless (Steven) Seagal wants to sign up.”
Doesn’t seem that inflammatory to me, but Seagal apparently took issue. The martial arts B movie star, who has been hovering on the edges of the UFC scene for some years now, got wind of the quote and had this reply:
“I always thought that Randy was my friend and a gentleman,” Seagal told The MMA Hour. “I’m kind of confused as to why he would say that. All I can say is, I’m here. Anybody can find me anytime and anyplace. If Randy really wants to fight me, he can fight me anytime he wants. It’ll be for free, and it’ll be some place where there are no witnesses. I don’t play by rules. That’s not how I fight.”
Following Seagal’s no holds barred challenge to Couture, the former UFC champion was reached for comment and responded:
“I’m the one that started the joke as an off-handed comment I made to Jay Glazer — that I’d only come out of retirement if it were to fight Seagal,” Couture told CagePotato. “Obviously now somebody has talked to him about it and it has gotten some legs. I’m not surprised that he wants to do it in private, remote location where nobody could see it happen. Obviously I intended it as a joke. I don’t think it would really happen.”
Seagal actually has a black belt in akido, although his real talent seems to be in attacking and subduing chickens.
And he’s fought Couture before, although it was fake.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California