Dec 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
Kudos to Turkish Airlines for their timing on this one: well played. Not only did Kobe Bryant just score his 30,000th point, but FC Barcelona’s Lionel Messi was also big news on Wednesday when he was injured against Benficia while trying to score his record-tying 85th career goal.
So the premise of this ad is Kobe and Messi going to great lengths to impress an autograph-seeking kid during an airline flight. Both are ultimately upstaged by a third contender, however.
Unfortunately for Mr. Messi, he was hauled out of Wednesday’s game on a stretcher and is still out of action. Unfortunately for Mr. Bryant, that house of cards serves as a telling metaphor for the Lakers’ season. And unfortunately for Turkish Airlines, they still have a lingering image problem in one of their largest hubs. The kid seems to be the only one who came out ahead here.
H/T Bob Harkins.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found