Watch a 14-year-old Tiger Woods feed a fox, then predict he’ll be the Michael Jordan of golf (video)
Dec 5, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
Well, we’ve already had a young Jim Harbaugh circa 1996 (with Screech from Saved by the Bell!) today, so why not an even younger Tiger Woods, in a 1990 interview with Trans World Sport. Even at such a young age, Woods had some prescient, even profound observations. Or, as Trans World puts it, “The Tiger Woods we met was a likeable young man with an acute sense of his own destiny.”
But as good as this piece is for the above reasons, I’m still more fascinated by the sight of Woods sitting near a fairway, feeding a random forest creature which sidles up to him.
Tiger Woods, the fox whisperer?
H/T to CBS’s Shane Bacon, who found this video in the dusty archives.
“Since I’m black I might be even bigger than Jack Nicklaus. I might be even bigger than him, to the blacks. I might be sort of like a Michael Jordan in basketball. Something like that.”
Tiger, on race (at about the 3:15 mark in the video):
“Every time I go to a major country club, I always feel it. You can always sense it. People always staring at you, ‘What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here.’ When I go to Texas or Florida, you always feel it because they say, ‘Why are you here?’ ‘Not supposed to be here.’ And that’s probably because that’s where all the slavery was.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found