Dec 5, 2012, 12:51 PM EST
We should stress at the outset that Sveum, formerly Yount’s teammate with the Milwaukee Brewers, is fine … he won’t even need stitches. But the former was accidentally peppered with shotgun pellets in the back and one ear during a hunting trip on Tuesday in Arizona. I think we have a photo of their group just before they set out that morning.
“You don’t get hit very often,” Sveum said. “It’s not that big a deal.”
Sveum and Yount played together in Milwaukee and are hunting partners. Sveum said he was about 50 yards ahead of the Hall of Famer went the accident occurred.
“The bird got up in front of him, and he lost track of where I was and pulled the trigger,” Sveum said. “I was just looking for birds myself. It was behind me, so I got drilled with pellets in the back and one stuck in the ear.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found