Dec 5, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
No sooner had Anna Gristina left a Manhattan courtroom following a sentencing hearing than she headed to the airport for LA to appear on the Dr. Phil show. As John Cougar said, Ain’t that America.
For those who don’t know, Gristina is suburban mother of four charged with moonlighting as a multimillion-dollar madam, running girls out of an East side New York apartment. She pleaded guilty in Sept., and was sentenced today: she got probation, travel restrictions and will possibly be deported (she’s from Scotland).
But before leaving to hobnob with Dr. Phil (she got permission from the judge to go to LA), she revealed plans for a tell-all book … using her little black book as source material. And, she said, football personalities will be involved.
Asked by the Daily News if she’ll be naming names, she offered a sweet little pigskin tease.
“I will be,” Gristina vowed Wednesday after a brief court appearance.
Asked for a sample, Gristina grinned and said, “Let’s just say if you like football” you’ll be interested.
Of course this could mean anything, up to and including nothing at all. But wouldn’t it be interesting if the book came out right before the playoffs?
Meanwhile, you have to feel sorry for her four kids: mom’s picture is everywhere this week.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found