Dec 5, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
It actually kind of annoys me when people thank God for “sparing” them from serious injury or death in an accident. If He does play favorites, then what about all the people who actually perish?
I know, I know: God moves in mysterious ways. Sounds like a cop-out to me, but Lolo Jones obviously does not agree. Ms. Jones, famed Olympic hurdler and pretty easy on the eyes, was involved in a bobsled accident on Monday during a practice run for this weekend’s World Cup event in Winterberg, Germany. Jones and driver Elana Meyers were not hurt.
Jones took to Twitter to report on the aftermath:
Of course this could just be Jones’ way of saying Whew!, and as usual I’m reading too much into it. Crashing a bobsled must be pretty terrifying business, regardless of the outcome. So I’m happy she’s OK, and to her I say, happy sledding.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4