Dec 4, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
The stadium’s on fire! Well, no, it was just the stadium video board for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, which featured a burning yule log video. But being as it was visible from the highway, some motorists thought it was a real fire raging at the stadium, and called the Regina fire department.
Good thing it wasn’t a Godzilla video. The Roughriders have been asked to remove it.
“I’m hoping that we can eliminate this and put something a little more appropriate up,” Deputy fire chief Gerard Kay said. “I mean, it is appropriate, but it is a public safety concern.
“Maybe some snowflakes or Santa or something like that,” he said.
Amusing comment on the CBC News web site:
It took me forever to get all the fire extinguisher residue off of my flat screen. — AJBinEC
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead