Was Nick Lachey tossed from Qualcomm Stadium for choking a guy and cursing his wife? Let’s investigate
Dec 4, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Sunday was a bad day to be a Chargers fan (your response: aren’t they all?). The Bengals scored 10 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to send SD to 20-13 loss … but at least this was entertaining: former boy band member and Mr. Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey, got into an altercation with Chargers fans and ended up being kicked out of Qualcomm Stadium. That’s not in dispute. But at least one fan says that Lachey, who grew up in Kentucky and is a huge Bengals’ fan, choked him and cursed his wife. Lachey says that last part is not true. But here’s what TMZ and the Los Angeles Times were able to gather:
TMZ later posted another story in which the still-unnamed Chargers fan said Lachey used a profane slur against his wife after she insulted his former band, then later tried to choke him. The website also posted a blurry video that supposedly shows at least part of the alleged incident.
A representative for Lachey told TMZ: ““This was a verbal exchange between sports fans of opposing teams that went too far. While Nick isn’t proud of what happened, he did not choke anyone or use defamatory language to any women at the stadium — which the videotape clearly supports.”
How dare you disparage the good name of 98 Degrees! I challenge you to a slap-fight!
Looks like the very end of the confrontation, with Lachey and perhaps another guy being ejected by security.
Lachey responds via Twitter:
TMZ reports that the Chargers fan is considering a lawsuit. My favorite part:
The Chargers fan says Lachey made one particularly offensive comment about Olshansky that crossed the line … and that’s when the fan’s wife shot back to Nick, “Well, he lasted longer than your boy band.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement