Dec 3, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
Well, at least we know what Steve Jobs has been up to in heaven: he’s giving out iPads, and even has God online. How else do you explain the Vatican announcing on Sunday that Pope Benedict XIV is now on Twitter?
Somehow the idea of The Holy Pontiff of Rome using hashtags and typing “LOL” with his thumbs makes me smile. Can the ordination of women be far behind? Associated Press:
Pope Benedict XVI will join Twitter from December 12, with regular tweets in eight languages from the account @pontifex just in time for Christmas, the Vatican said on Monday.
“The first tweets will be answers to questions sent to the pope on matters of faith. The public can start sending them starting now,” the Vatican said.
The account already has 2,435 followers, with numbers rising quickly immediately after the announcement. An introductory message read: “Welcome to the official Twitter page of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI.”
How is this related to sports? You know the Pope will be on Twitter all day every day posting soccer scores, complaining about AC Milan and feuding with Darren Rovell.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found