Dec 2, 2012, 10:32 AM EST
Over the years, I’ve read some pretty strange reasons why players have been released by teams but former FC Emmen striker Jeffrey De Visscher might be the first to be terminated for being a “wildpoeper”.
Dutch police arrested the second division player (who previously had a stint with the Scottish Premier League’s Aberdeen) after catching him heavily-inebriated and squatting next to his car in the middle of the woods attempting to drop a number two.
At the time, Jeffrey tried to get out of the arrest by providing one of the better excuses of all-time:
De Visscher claimed a friend was driving his car and had walked off after pulling over to give him some privacy while he ‘wildpooped’ – though De Visscher was unsure who the man was or where he had gone.
De Visscher was reportedly arrested at the scene and has since had his license taken away, with Emmen also announcing that they are now planning to terminate his contract at the club as of the first day of January, 2013.
Thanks to this story, we learned two things: there is such a thing as a “wildpoeper” and Jeffrey provided the answer to the long-time question of “If you poop in the woods, will anyone arrest you for it?”
Jeffrey De Visscher gets released by FC Emmen after pooping in woods arrest [Who Ate All The Pies]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found