Dec 1, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
If you happen to be living in the state of Texas, you might have caught Johnny Manziel fever after the Texas A&M quarterback helped upset the Alabama Crimson Tide and pushed himself to the top of the Heisman Trophy candidates.
A 17-year-old high school student by the name of Christian Chavez from Kerrvile, Texas decided to pay homage to the freshman quarterback by getting a special Johnny Manziel haircut last Wednesday after responding to a Facebook post of a famous San Antonio barber by the name of “Rob the Original”.
After he got the haircut, he decided to show it off new look at Hill County High School the following Thursday but that didn’t go so well as Christian was sent home for violating school policy:
Chavez was sent home from school by the principal and told not to return until the Manziel portrait was removed from his head. He says he was told the haircut “was inappropriate for school policy.”
Chavez seems disappointed because he says he loves the haircut. Before transferring to Hill Country High School in Kerrville, he played JV football at Tivy High School, where Manziel played. He says his older brother played with Manziel.
“Might as well keep it keep it tomorrow (Friday) and get it cut either Sunday or Monday. I thought I would be fine,” he said. “I was surprised. My mom came and got me. She didn’t like the fact they told me to go home.”
In case you wanted to see what the haircut looked like, check out the below video that “Rob the Original” posted of the haircut:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found