Nov 30, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
My God, it’s Lord of the Flies with skates.
Kids fighting: not healthy in any regard. It should be discouraged. But why, then, is this video so awesome in every way? It’s a conundrum, like Mother Russia herself. Yes folks, this is the penalty box at a Russian youth hockey game, and as you can see it’s stuffed with young miscreants. I can’t stop laughing at the screen grab alone … look at all those kids in hockey jail. But the actual fighting is a hundred times better.
Oh, and that’s only one team’s penalty box, by the way. According to a sharp-eyed YouTube commenter: “The red team had 10 kids in the box at 3:00 with another getting put in, wow.” So yeah, this was a donnybrook.
My favorite part came when a kid from the blue team started punching an opponent, and the ref just skated in and picked him up and set him down away from the fray. Then the kid threw his stick, and was ushered off the ice.
More hard body checks, punches, wrestling matches and tackles here than you can shake a hockey stick at. These kids can’t be more than 12 years old … hilarious and awesome. Um, I mean, outrageous. Kids shouldn’t brawl like this.
I have watched this video fifteen times.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found