Nov 30, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
Only two things are sure in the NFL: Jon Gruden will be mentioned for every head coaching vacancy, and the Panthers won’t win the coin flip. I mean, who loses 12 straight coin flips? That’s Carolina’s streak of futility going into this week’s games, and the desperate franchise is now trying to turn that futility streak into a marketing bonus.
Look, if you can’t string a few wins together, you may as well get some publicity and fan participation out of the only streak you’ve got.
The Panthers have lost 12 coin tosses this season, including each one at the start of their 11 games and one at the beginning of their overtime loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a couple weeks back. Since the team is having absolutely no luck calling the toss in the air, Carolina is asking the fans to make the call this weekend when they take on the Kansas City Chiefs.
I think the Panthers should forget this Faceboomk thing and just have Javier Bardem go out for the coin toss. Going all Anton Chigurh may not win the flip, but it will intimidate the heck out of the other team.
Anton Chigurh: You stand to win everything. Call it.
Gas Station Proprietor: Alright. Heads then.
[Chigurh removes his hand, revealing the coin is indeed heads]
Anton Chigurh: Well done.
[the gas station proprietor nervously takes the quarter with the small pile of change he's apparently won while Chigurh starts out]
Anton Chigurh: Don’t put it in your pocket, sir. Don’t put it in your pocket. It’s your lucky quarter.
Gas Station Proprietor: Where do you want me to put it?
Anton Chigurh: Anywhere not in your pocket. Where it’ll get mixed in with the others and become just a coin. Which it is.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found