Nov 29, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
He stands near Chair 2 at the Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana — a life-sized statue of Christ which blesses all about to shoosh down the slopes, and more importantly, offer solace to those many souls who hilariously crash.
And Ski Resort Jesus laid hands upon the man, and lo, his sprained knee was healed. “It is a miracle!” cried one man, who looked around and noticed that everyone else had gone to the lodge for hot beverages.
But Ski Resort Jesus’ days may be numbered. A lawsuit filed by the Wisconson chapter of the Freedom From Religion Foundation wants the six-foot Jesus statue removed, being as it is on federal land. You know, separation of church and ski.
Several out-of-state conservative groups filed an injunction to stop the lawsuit. But today a federal district court judge ruled that the suit can go forward.
“I could just say, `Hallelujah,”‘ Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said Wednesday. “It was very obliging of the judge to let it proceed.”
The statue was erected during World War II by the Knights of Columbus, some veterans saying that it reminded them of similar statues they saw in Europe during winter campaigns. The Knights (who say nay!) were one of the groups opposed to the statue’s removal.
Now it is in God’s hands, I guess.
I just hope that Damian Lillard doesn’t land on the jury.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL