Nov 28, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
The first question I would ask this guy in the white undershirt would be: doesn’t Israel have enough danger and drama these days without you having to do this? Anyway, dude sprinted onto the field during a soccer game between Maccabi Haifa and Beitar Jerusalem (the former won, 2-1), in the 81st minute. And how to stop a drunken nut (or worse) who is roaming free on the pitch?
Because this is soccer, you slide-tackle him. The cop seen below executes this beautifully, and the only thing here that surprises me is that he did not get a red card. Soccer officials are notoriously picky and fanatical, after all.
I’ll just repeat that if I’m going to run onto the field at a pro sports venue, Israel is the last country I’d pick in which to do so. They have no sense of humor about things like this, and with good reason.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found