Nov 27, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
It happened in AC Milan’s Champions League Group C soccer match against Anderlecht in Brussels last week: as Milan defender Philippe Mexes scored on a bicycle kick. I’m no soccer expert, but that looks pretty amazing. It looked even better to Italian soccer commentator Tiziano Crudeli.
From what I gather, Crudeli is the Don Cherry of Italian soccer, if Cherry drank a gallon of Red Bull. Or as Awful Announcing describes him:
Nobody does “crazy old guy soccer fanatic” quite like Tiziano and his fame across the pond has even led to starring roles in commercials for gambling website Ladbrokes.
We don’t have video of the actual goal, but we do have it of Crudeli’s reaction. It’s priceless.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP