Nov 27, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
According to Mark Cuban, for $32.99 you too can get scammed by the NBA’s online store as they attempt to sell ‘Power Balance’ bracelets bedazzled with the logos of NBA teams. But Cuban ain’t having this.
In fact, he’s going to go around throwing every Power Balance bracelet he sees in trash cans until he’s completely eradicated every last one that’s providing the user with a very comforting placebo effect, in which they assume they have tremendous balance so they actually HAVE tremendous balance.
I should know. I was duped by one of those things for six months last year. And yes, I felt incredibly stable when walking.
But Cuban really cares. He cares so much that he recently made a Youtube video where he went into the Mavericks’ locker room and threw out a big box of brand new power bracelets. Probably worth a ton of money. TO THE TRASH CAN!
Of course, Cuban’s accusations aren’t baseless. In 2011, Power Balance was hit with a class action lawsuit when customers called bull on the wristbands’ ability to balance the wearer, which resulted in Power Balance LLC coughing up $57 million.
Hey, if anything, the uneven weight distribution caused by a bracelet on one hand and not the other will do the OPPOSITE of balance someone. Am I right? No? Science?
Cuban made his opinion clear in a video he posted to YouTube last week in which he criticized Power Balance bracelets before throwing the display case that was in the Mavericks’ locker room in the garbage.
“See this stuff?” Cuban said on the video, grabbing the display. “It was a scam when they were on ‘Shark Tank.’ It’s still a scam. I don’t care if the NBA was dumb enough to sign an agreement; this is going where it belongs.”
But how are the Mavericks supposed to look cool in front of the other NBAers? TO THE LIVESTRONG TRUCK!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'