Nov 27, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Now that the NHL is in the cryogenic sleep chamber, who is the king of the hockey mascots? That would have to be Sharky, the mascot for the Cologne Sharks of the German Ice Hockey League. Here’s Sharky in action at a recent game.
What makes him so great? No gimmicks. No T-shirt cannon, no sliding into bowling pins, no annoying antics in the stands. Sharky was made to dance, and he has attitude.
Or, as the Germans describe him: Haie-Maskottchen Sharky eine flotte Show aufs Eis!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming