Nov 26, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Martellus Bennett had three receptions during the Giants’ 38-10 win over the visiting Packers on Sunday … or, make that four, actually. Bennett was tossing his gloves to fans following the game when one of them (a fan) came hurtling back at him. Some dude had fallen from the MetLife stands, and would have smacked the ground 15 feet below, possibly seriously injuring himself. But Bennett caught him. Yep.
You know who you are, Martellus Bennett? You’re Batman.
Or Spider-Man, as Bennett tells it.
“I was doing what I usually do, moseying to the locker room and meandering around,” the colorful Bennett said. “Naturally, I just wanted to step back, but I did the righteous thing and I stepped up. I caught him, I saved his life, I tapped into my inner superhero, which I do have.
Usually when a foul ball or a random fan comes hurtling at me at a game, I get out of the way. But not Bennett.
“I’m usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. He owes me his first-born or something. Actually I don’t want that. Maybe a sandwich or something.”
Bennett, however, didn’t even get a thank-you. The fan was hauled off by security before he could say anything.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?