Nov 22, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Elaine Benes’ safety school no longer wishes to be associated with Lance Armstrong. I’m picturing Tufts security guards pounding on Armstrong’s door demanding that he throw the framed honorary degree out into the front yard.
Armstrong, who was presented the honor in 2006, now is no longer and honorary Tufts man due to the latest PED revelations. Statement from the university:
“While continuing to respect the significant work of the Lance Armstrong Foundation, the board concluded that, in the wake of the recent report of the United States Anti-Doping Agency and its acceptance by the International Cycling Union, Mr. Armstrong’s actions as an athlete are inconsistent with the values of the university,” said Kimberly Thurler, director of public relations at Tufts.
The actual Tufts degree of Roy Raymond, founder of Victoria’s Secret, is in no danger at this time.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'