Nov 22, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Elaine Benes’ safety school no longer wishes to be associated with Lance Armstrong. I’m picturing Tufts security guards pounding on Armstrong’s door demanding that he throw the framed honorary degree out into the front yard.
Armstrong, who was presented the honor in 2006, now is no longer and honorary Tufts man due to the latest PED revelations. Statement from the university:
“While continuing to respect the significant work of the Lance Armstrong Foundation, the board concluded that, in the wake of the recent report of the United States Anti-Doping Agency and its acceptance by the International Cycling Union, Mr. Armstrong’s actions as an athlete are inconsistent with the values of the university,” said Kimberly Thurler, director of public relations at Tufts.
The actual Tufts degree of Roy Raymond, founder of Victoria’s Secret, is in no danger at this time.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found